Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dye lots ARE important....

Ok, so I had this great idea for afghans for my kids. I saw a mitered square pattern in Creative Knitting that I loved. (It's very similar to this one: Mitered Squares Afghan) So I sat down and worked some samples and came up with an adaptation that worked well for me and started making the blankets. I was using a varigated yarn and figured I didn't need to worry about dye lots...... yeah right!


If you look really closely you can tell the top "squares" are a lot brighter than the rest. I hope I can find some more yarn that matches the more faded color better. Then I can toss in the brighter yarn here and there and it won't be so noticible.

By the way.. that's the Grub. This blanket is supposed to be done before the 17th of this month... her birthday. I hope I can find more yarn......

And here's the begining of the version I worked up for the Monkey (I have until the end of September to finish his....)

Both are being done in Bernat Softee Chunky. Grub's is in 40120 Country Ombre and Monkey's is in 40012 Nature's Way.


No comments: